The City Executive Board holds principal authority for any work on international issues. The City executive office is responsible for the coordination, information, distribution and transfer of experience in connection with the city´s international work. It involves the following:
• coordinating the city´s work on EU issues,
• actively stimulating and supporting the department´s commitment,
• actively monitoring different opportunities for obtaining economic support for projects within separate municipal areas of activity,
• creating the best conditions for the exchange of information and experience between the departments, and
• Collaborating with other players within the region.
Policy and Guidelines
The Policy for the City of Uppsala´s international work is a general municipal management document whose purpose is to create a shared platform for international work, in which the city expresses its intentions and objectives for the work. The Guidelines for the City of Uppsala´s international work demonstrates the way the international work should be run and provides basic data for priorities.
The Policy and the Guidelines show that the City of Uppsala's international work ultimately should contribute to fulfilling the general municipal targets. Need and long-term benefit should guide international work. It is of greatest importance that international work should safeguard and influence opportunities for the development of Uppsala.